Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Foods and truckloads of Indian women...

My list of foods-i-would-happily-eat-everyday-of-my-life:

- ice cream (how could you not <3>
- sushi (but if there's no avocado, i don't like it)
- Lasagna (classic)

- strawberry yogurt (OMGOGMOGMOMG)
- Mashed potato (extra butter please :)
- Lamb. done any which way. I don't care. ITS LAMB.
- Shepherd's pie (mashed potato AND lamb? Heaven.)



There's probably ALOT more to this list, but ill spare you the complete list, because, frankly, It'd take too long to type it all out, me being so in love with food and all...


Gosh, I love food. There is nothing like eating a plateful of food right after your exam. Its satisfying, its delicious, and its a good reward for turning up to the exam in the first place.

Well well well, so, I had my Chinese First Language exam today. As always, the exam topic was random. This year, they decided that we needed to read and write about teachers being friends with students. Joy.

There was something in there about mutual respect...but this is how a conversation about homework went with my Chinese teacher...

Me: Uhm, excuse me, but today's not our homework day for Chinese...

Teacher: So?

Me: Uhhh, we're only supposed to get homework from this subject on Tuesdays and Thursdays...and, well, because we already have alot of other homework today...

Teacher: YOU ARE SO LAZY, YOU DON'T TRY HARD AT WORKING, AND NOW YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE OTHER WORK? OTHER WORK IS NOT IMPORTANT, WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO IS IMPORTANT! STOP TRYING TO NOT DO WORK IN THIS CLASS, YOU STOP LYING TO ME, OR YOU FAIL YOUR EXAM!

Yeah..

Respect? I don't think so...

Another thing i noticed...all the exam invigilators are Indian...I have absolutely nothing against Indian people, bytheway, in fact, i LOVE their curry,

their chocolate-like skin colour,


and their awesome Taj Mahal.

and their naans.

and their ability to make perfect lamb,

But it just made me wonder: Is there a truckload of Indian women who just sit around all year until May and June, when they spring into action and patrol exam halls? Don't they have other things to do??

Anxious to get back to her mucho delicious fried rice,

N :)



No comments:

Post a Comment